VaVaVabloom Vase or
Design by Joan Fee
Get organized for the new year or add a colorful touch to your desk with fun record creations!
- 2 old scratched records
- Cookie sheet
- Glue, waterproof
- Glass or metal object, approximately 3” in diameter
- Pot holders
- Cotton gloves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place one record in oven on cookie sheet. Remove pliable record from oven.
- Immediately, cut record in half.
- Place one half of record back in oven until pliable.
- Form around 3” diameter object and hold until set.
- Place other half of record in oven until pliable. Cut a 7” x ¼” and a ¼” x 1” wide strips. Make loops in end of long pieces. Wrap short piece around center of loops to form bow.
- Cut the center from one record.
- If necessary, glue record together where they overlap. Glue center of record to overlapped piece. Glue on bow.
- For vase, insert glass, fill with water and add flowers!
Check out more fun old record crafting ideas at www.lulu.com for the ebook Cheryl Ball and I created - it's filled with unique and crazy ideas for old records!