Sunday, November 05, 2006

WOW!!!
Time flies when you're having fun!

Seems like it was just Friday a few minutes ago! My mom, sister-in-law and I loaded up my car and headed to our WOW (Women Only Weekend!).

We got sidetracked on our way there because I got a last minute assignment on Friday afternoon to make a project using Aleene's Instant Decoupage and Tulip Iron-On Crystals - my two favorite products! We stopped at a craft store on our way over and found some pieces to use for my projects. We had a great time getting the after Halloween bargains and finding some holiday gifts.

We always do marathon crafting and this weekend was no exception - bedtime is whenever we feel like it and for some of us that's into the wee hours of the morning.
Saturday was to be our PJ Day where we stay in our jammies all day and be creative. We got sidetracked AGAIN! when we happened by a local Hallmark store on Friday night and noticed they were having their Holiday Open House at 9 the next morning. We hesitantly got out of our jammies and into street clothes to be there at 9. Well, that took longer than we expected (but we got some great gifts) and then we had to hit the women's clothing store at the local outlet - there went another hour! Finally, back in our jammies at noon, we set to crafting!

My mom worked on binding a quilt she's worked on for quite awhile and SHE FINISHED IT! Awesome job Mom! She also worked on a fun advent calendar for my nephews.

Nicki, my sister-in-law, being a scrapbooker sorted photos (it was fun seeing old pictures of my brother and his family), cut and sewed felt gingerbread people for the kid's to decorate at an upcoming Christmas party (I need to remember to get her some Tulip 3D Fashion Paint to use at the party!) She also started a cross-stitch baby blanket for her son.

My sister, Nancy, worked on a very cute snowman door hanging. She finished a 3D pumpkin with beautiful scenes on it.

And me. I worked on my decoupage and crystal project - I used photocopies of pictures from my vacation last month to decoupage on to a vase, side table and canvas. I added the beautiful crystals for that special touch. My mind was whirling with ideas for future projects too! I love decoupage because it's so fast and the results are fabulous!

Still more unpacking to do, so I'd better get busy!

Have a great week!
Joan

3 comments:

Ceramic Diva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ceramic Diva said...

It looks like you had a great weekend!!! I want to come to your next "WOW" event!

Joan Martin Fee said...

Hi Ceramic Diva,

Our weekends are awesome! I'll let you know when the next one is! We never know what we'll be doing, but we always have fun.

Joan