Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getaway Weekend

Mom's Birthday Girl's
Getaway Weekend!!!

We're down to hours now until the BIG weekend!!! I've just been cleaning out my car for our road trip that starts Friday afternoon. I have my craft projects packed and am waiting for the laundry to be done so I can pack up my bags.

Things are busy at work - during March you'll see over 30 brand new projects on the website http://www.duncancrafts.com/. I'm also working on the new Crafty Chica products and we're gearing up for another trade show - this time ceramics.

Since I won't be able to post a project on Saturday, March 1st (the first day of the Craft Challenge!!!!!), I'm posting my mother's present (a clear glass teapot and blooming teas). I wanted to make this gift look a little more special, so I glued a carnation (my mom's favorite flower) to the top of the packages with Aleene's Original Tacky Glue and then added little loops of some bright ribbon. It only took a few minutes, but it felt soooo good to go beyond ordinary and be creative.

Joan

No comments: