Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Big Sur Unleashed


BIG SUR!!!

Yesterday, I unleashed myself from my computer and went with a friend to Big Sur for lunch. My friend was taking me to lunch for staying at my house while I was in England. It was a wonderful opportunity to sit back, relax, let someone else do the driving and enjoy the Pacific Ocean and the Big Sur area. We went to my FAVORITE restaurant, Nepenthe. It sits high on a cliff with a wonderful view of the ocean and the coastline.


We had the special - a bbq chicken salad sandwich - it was divine with some soup. The weather was a different treat for me. I always plan my trips to Big Sur when the weather is warm and clear, but yesterday was cool and foggy. After lunch, we ventured down to the outdoor cafe and enjoyed a peanut butter cookie (warm from the oven!!!) and hot chocolate with whipped cream, sprinkled with cinnamon. A special treat of a day!!!






Beautiful paintings in the Nepenthe gift shop rest rooms.






Outdoor cafe at Nepenthe - just beautiful!!!




The base of this fountain was a carved wood bird with water coming out of the mouth.


Rock walls adorn the hillside of Nepenthe.


These comfy 'seat's make the wait at Nepenthe a real treat - the view is of the ocean and the beautiful hills.


Beautiful glass mosaic area at Nepenthe.


We stopped at Ragged Point and walked out to the end of the path for a spectacular view. The railing had so many carvings on it - a little bit of creative history.
Now, to make up for some time away...

No comments: