Wednesday, August 15, 2007


I DID IT!!!
I faced my fear and gave blood today!!! Thanks to the moral support of my sister-in-law Nicki and the great staff at the blood bank, I survived! I do have to admit they had to get out a couple of ice bags to help me through it.
I have thought about giving blood many times, but my fear always got in the way. My coworker, Patty and I had talked about giving blood a couple of times, but we always decided not to. Giving blood today is in honor of Patty - she has undergone three brain surgeries in the last several months. My fear of giving blood seemed very small in comparison to what she's been through and her situation turned over a leaf for me to face this significant fear. Patty, you are in my heart and in my thoughts as you recuperate from your surgery.

No comments: