Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I've been waiting for this day for about 7 years...

My friends, William and Carole and I finally linked up and I'm going to their ranch tonight for dinner!!!

I first met William and Carole when they walked into the real estate office where I worked looking for a ranch on the Central Coast of California. We looked at ranches for probably two years and I bid them a fond farewell when I left the real estate business to go back to work in the craft industry. We've kept in touch all these years and they finally found their ranch about a year ago.

It's been a long, fun journey, but we haven't kept up with real personal stuff so I'm heading their tonight and I can't wait. When I first got in contact with them a few months ago and said I was moving to the coast they told me they had put the ranch up for sale. Can't wait to hear those details after their long search.

I got my spray on tan this morning so I don't scare the residents of Cabo with my white legs. I've gotten pretty tanned since I spend a lot of time outside, but those legs...

The weather is fantastic today and butterflies are flying outside my window. The weather has been too fantastic for my newly planted ground cover - the hot weather has cooked the poor little things.

My sister-in-law called yesterday and we finally have a place for my brother's surprise 40th birthday party early next month. We're going to meet at the bar on the ship sometime this week and make final plans - he's an airplane buff, so we're thinking lots of little plane gliders on the tables - it'll give the kids (and big kids) something to do.

Time to get copy finished up on a brochure I'm working on. It's extremely fun - my photographer friend is starting a high-end children's portraiture studio with four incredible settings. I never know what I'll be writing about - that's what makes what I do so interesting - it's never boring!

Take care,
Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Most people go to Cabo to GET the tan, not buy one before they go. Besides, pale is the new tan (think HBO and True Blood!).

I really enjoy reading your adventures. Sounds like you've adjusted quite well to the coastal lifestyle once again. The valley is a bit duller without you!

Take care, butterfly! And make sure you guys share that brochure--I can't wait to see it!

Joan Martin Fee said...

Hey there Candyland,

I so miss my friends in the valley - I made some amazing friends!!! You all know you're welcome here any ol' time - I know you moved to CA to enjoy the ocean, so come on over! It's fabulous!!!

Yes, I'm still flittering about enjoying what life throws my way!
Joan