Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day


Memorial Day Weekend and My Birthday Weekend usually fall at the same time and when my mom suggested I come 'home' for my birthday I 'requested' three things that I wanted to do.  Remember, this was my first big trip out since I broke my ankle two months ago (tomorrow).   This weekend would be filled with 'tests'...first, a two-hour car ride, then on to my 'requests'.  We had lunch at Ethel Red's (a new restaurant in my hometown of Lemoore - I have it reserved for a class reunion next month and wanted to try out the food) - yummy hamburger, then it was on to visit Hobby Lobby!!!  - another test of walking around the store...did pretty good.  Next was Superior Dairy in Hanford - I broke away from my usual chocolate chip milkshake with a banana chopped up in it.  This time I chose a banana split - yummers...An added adventure we kept for today - my poor ankle needed a rest was to go to the Armona cemetery.  It is such a beautiful sight with hundreds of American flags blowing in the breeze.  It was the oddest weather - I had to wear a jacket in May...weird!!!  Both sides of my family go back generations in the area so we also went to the cemetery in Hanford and Lemoore.  I took lots of pictures of where to find the family plots. 

 

Check out the cute butterfly cake my sister, Nancy, made for me!!!  The frosting was almond and vanilla flavor with coconut sprinkled over it!  I'm spoiled!

This is a view from my parent's yard (where I grew up) toward the Coast Range Mountains.  Wehad rain last night - surprise!

No comments: