Tuesday, May 15, 2007

PattieWack!!!!!

Oh my gosh! What an awesome weekend I had visiting Pattie and Scott. They have just moved to California after living in Oklahoma and this was our first get together since the trade show in January.

It was so fun to just kick back, drink Orangetini's from oranges picked in the area, devour chocolate eclairs at midnight and have nowhere to go except enjoy the company of friends.

Saturday, Pattie and I ventured to the lovely town of Santa Barbara - we both had fond memories of the city and we didn't leave one rock or grain of sand unturned.

We met with one of our friends from Aleene's - she was the director of the TV show - it was great fun reminiscing and catching up as we sat near the ocean enjoying beautiful flowers, the smell of the ocean and each others company.

We trended and trended! (OK, so it really was shopping!) We stopped at a cosmetic counter and had our make-up done...then on to more shopping and looking and touching! Santa Barbara has incredible shopping!!!

We met with another friend from Aleene's old days for a very long, terribly enjoyable evening. Kat was one of the camera guys on the tv show and now is a radio personality in Santa Barbara. The evening was incredible fun and I hadn't laughed that much in ages!

I am always amazed when I see where Pattie lives and this time was NO exception! I'm including a couple of her projects and a hint or two...she's so practical, uses things unexpectedly and all this comes naturally to her.

The owl is made from shrink plastic and several hang from the market umbrella in their backyard along with wonderful ribbons - and, here comes the Pattie practical part - she attached the owls and ribbons to the umbrella with paper clips. She said she thought the movement of the ribbons and owls would keep the birds off of the umbrella as an added benefit.

OK, then there was the bathroom...I was amazed to find a little ceramic turtle sitting in the bottom of the shower. Then there was the hanging heart from the shower head...then...she used a magazine rack to hold towels! She's just amazing!!!


I was so happy to see the "man"equin made the move! The decoupage prints are so fun - I had to read EVERY square inch of it AND the black background is painted with chalk paint so as inspiration comes, writing sayings is highly encouraged.

What a wonderfully refreshing weekend...we'll do it again soon, I'm sure!

Joan

2 comments:

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Oh my goodness, Joan. I knew you were sneaky pantsing around the house with your camera, but I didn't know it would show up on your blog. (Don't tell anyone that I'm in my jammies and no makeup!)

*giggle*

I had a fabulous time with you, as always. We have to do it again, SOON, K?

huggles & crafty wishes,
PattieWack

Unknown said...

hi joan!! oh, i am so jealous you got to hang with pattie and see her pad!!! love your blog!!
kathy :-)