Saturday, June 14, 2008

I LOVE Birthday's that Keep Going and Going and Going

I just had to share a couple of gifts I received after my birthday - one old, some very trendy and all so me!
Thanks, my friends and family for making my special day - extra looooong.

The first was a gift from my sister - it is VERY old. When we were little, our great uncle gave my sister a birthday card with three fancifully dressed girls. Way back then, my dad traced around the girls on thin wood and cut them out. He somehow glued the card to the wood and a few (a lot of fews) years later it still looks fantastic!
My parents gave me these adorable butterfly sandals - I love them! BTW, they're from Avon.
STARBUCKS!!! I received this Starbuck's glass from a friend. She sees me everyday and noticed how I recycle my glass from my Venti Black Iced Tea from Starbucks - fun thing is, most of the time someone else picks it up for me and their name is written on my glass.
Well, this glass is double walled, very thick plastic, doesn't weep and included a permanent straw!!! It's perfect, because I stopped going to Starbucks - why pay $2.10 for a glass of tea when I can make it at home for a couple pennies? So now, I make my tea at home and use my handy dandy new glass. It has been all the rage around the office - everyone wants one, but they're hard to come by.
Last Saturday morning, I went out for my walk later than usual and I was surprised to find quite a commotion in the process. They were filling up a hot air balloon. Needless to say, I had to return home and get my camera to capture the event, right in my own backyard. It was a very windy day and it was scary to watch them turn on the 'fire' to inflate the balloon - it was fantastic to see!
Creatively yours,
Joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, not that "many fews", Joan. Age is but a number that grows because of the calendar; but the essence of youth is found in the heart.