Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another quick gift idea - this one's for the shoe lover on your list, but this could be used for anyone - just change the theme.

Snazzy Shoe Gift Ideas
Designed by Joan Fee

Supplies:
Canvas bag or towels
Fusible web
Fabric: animal print, black
Scissors
Iron & ironing surface

Steps:
1. Freehand design or use clipart. Trace on paper side of fusible web. Cut out, leaving a 1/2" border.
2. Lay traced fusible web on back of animal print fabric, with paper side facing up. Iron to fabric according to the manufacturer’s instructions on packaging.
3. Repeat step #2 with shoe top, on black fabric.
4. Cut out around edges.
5. Peel off paper backing and iron both pieces to bag/towel, placing pieces of shoe together to complete image.
Option: Sew around edges of fabric with a zigzag or applique stitch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,

I love these shoe projects. I'm making them for my sister for Christmas and I'm using your suggestion and using a picture from a birthday card I received to make a garden theme kitchen towel set for my mother.

Thank you for the ideas.

Suzie

Joan Martin Fee said...

Hi Suzie,

It's awesome to hear from you.

I'll be posting some other last minute gift ideas over the next few days, so keep checking back.

Joan