Monday, March 01, 2010

Off the Wall



I feel so New York! A friend invited me to an invitation only gallery opening in San Luis Obispo at the Native Lounge last night. Very sophisticated - champagne, appetizers, music and beautiful art! The exhibit was called Off the Wall and I especially loved the work by Sheryl Daane Chestnut. My friend introduced me to Sheryl several months ago right after she quit her job to pursue her art. It was great to see her again after taking her dreams and following her heart. Her pieces spoke to me - the colors were fabulous. Check out her work at www.SherylDaane-Chesnut.com. It was interesting to see how the artists did mixed medium with everything from barbed wire to....well, everything.
Now, back to my non-New York life...she says as she gets ready to go to the dentist.
Make it a great week!
Joan

No comments: