Plastic Bag Kite
The plastic shopping bags are piling up - oh, what to do? Grab a plastic bag, some straws, glue and make a high-flying kite.
What You’ll Need
- Plastic Bag
- 2 Straws
- Heavy-duty Glue
- Permanent Marker
How To Make It!
- Print kite patterns and enlarge to desired size. Place plastic bag over patterns. Trace patterns with permanent marker. You can make the kite larger, but this is a fun size to get you started.
- Cut shapes from one layer of bag.
- Cut three strips 18” x 1/2” for tails.
- Place straw down center of main kite piece. Cut extra straw that goes over edge of kite. Glue straw in place. Place other straw coming out from center straw. Cut to edge of kite. Repeat on other side. Glue straw pieces on the sides.
- Glue smaller kite piece to center of kite over center straw. Let dry.
- Glue string to end of small piece on kite.
- Glue the tails onto the bottom edge of kite. Let dry.