Sweet 16 Party IdeasTurning Sweet 16 is always a time to remember so make an extraordinary one-of-a-kind keepsake by having everyone at the party sign their names on a tissue heart that you later use to decorate this so sweet plate.
What You'll Need
- Tissue paper (pink and white pin stripe, white, medium yellow, silver, fuchsia, light fuchsia)
- Scissors (decorative edge)
- Permanent Pen (black, wide and thin)
- Paintbrush (wide)
- Platter (clear)
- Glue (clear)
Have guests sign their names on light fuchsia hearts using thin permanent pen.
How to Make It1. Draw and cut out designs from tissue, using photo as a guide for color. Cake - cut a rectangle from pin stripe. For icing on top and bottom of cake, cut two pieces of fuchsia tissue slightly longer than cake rectangle x 1/4" wide, using decorative edge scissors. For center of plate, cut a circle the diameter of platter center from light fuchsia tissue.
2. Place cake pieces on tissue circle for placement.
3. Write desired saying around tissue circle, using wide permanent pen.
4. Brush a light coat of glue on tissue circle where cake will be placed. Place cake over glue. Lightly brush glue over cake. Add candle, flame, 'icing' and cake plate. Let dry.
5. On back of platter, brush a mediuim coat of glue in center area where tissue circle will be placed. Place tissue circle over glue with right side down. Brush glue over tissue from center out to edges.
6. For edge of platter, brush glue where hearts will be placed on back of platter. Place hearts right side down into glue. Brush glue over hearts.
7. Tear pink stripe tissue into small pieces. Brush glue over remaining exposed glass. Place pink stripe tissue pieces over glue, slightly overlapping until all glass is covered. Brush glue over tissue. For edge of platter, fold excess tissue under or after dry, cut excess.
NOTE: Do not submerge the platter in water - clean with a damp sponge.