Want a special gift to take to your hostess this Thanksgiving? Paint an easy soup tureen and glue on a few fall embellishments for a terrific way to say thank you. Mix the dry ingredients in the tureen - all your hostess has to do is add water, some leftover turkey and cook for a few minutes for a yummy "day after Thanksgiving" soup.
Here's What You'll Need
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Pebeo Porcelaine Paint: Scarlet, Yellow, Bronze
Foil for palette
Silk leaves (fall colors)
How to Create It
1. Clean outside of tureen with alcohol, using soft cloth.
2. Place a small amount of yellow paint on foil. Add a dab of scarlet and bronze paint. Mix with toothpick.
3. Tear a 12" piece of plastic wrap from roll. Scrunch. Dip plastic wrap in paint. Dab off excess on foil. Dab paint on tureen until desired look is achieved. Let dry 24 hours.
4. Place tureen in cold oven. Set temperature to 300 degrees. When oven temperature stabilizes, bake for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and allow tureen to cool down gradually in oven. Once tureen has been 'baked' it is dishwasher and microwave safe.
5. Tie raffia around tureen. Glue leaves on raffia streamers.
Leftover Turkey Soup Mix
Place all dry ingredients and an unpeeled carrot in soup tureen for a nice hostess gift.
1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
2-1/2 tablespoons chicken flavored bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf
4 quart cooking pot
8 cups water
1 diced carrot
3 cups diced turkey
Pen or computer
Write or print off recipe on recipe card for hostess.
How to Make It
1. Place all dry ingredients in cooking pot. Add 8 cups of water and carrot. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
2. Stir in turkey. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Make 2 quarts. Serve this scrumptious turkey soup in your beautiful tureen.