The mobile is made from my own photo, but you can use clip art.
What You'll Need
Photo or clipart
Aleene's Crystal Clear Tacky Spray
Computer / Printer
1/8" Paper punch
How to Make It
1. Print two butterflies, making one image reverse. I enlarged mine to fit on an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper.
2. Protect your work surface with newspaper. Following instructions on can of Tacky Spray, apply on one side of butterfly image. Smooth on posterboard. Cut out loosely around butterfly. Apply Tacky Spray to reverse image butterfly. Carefully line up image on opposite side of butterfly on posterboard.
3. Cut out closely around butterfly.
4. Punch a hole at top of each wing tip and top center of head.
5. Cut desired length of fishing line to go from wing to wing, including enough length to hang freely. Cut another piece half that length. Thread longest piece of fishing line through one hole in wing and knot. Repeat on other wing. Thread second piece of fishing line through hole in head and knot. Tie all fishing line together forming a loop to hang, adjusting length of fishing line so butterfly hangs as if flying.
6. Hang where desired from loop.