Thursday, November 16, 2006

Video Taping and a Photoshoot!

It's been an exciting week! I was photographed with my decoupage projects for an ad that will be featured in a craft trade magazine in January. I love decoupage - it's so easy and the results are fantastic! Here's how I created these floral projects:

  • I photocopied the picture of a flower I took on my vacation last month.
  • Cut it out.
  • I applied Aleene's Instant Decoupage on my base piece and on the back of the photocopy. I placed the photocopy on the base piece and brushed Instant Decoupage it.
  • I wanted some dimension, so I attached silk leaves to the pieces by dipping the end of the leaf in the Instant Decoupage and placed it along the stems.
  • I wanted to add a touch of sparkle, so I attached Tulip Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Crystals in the flower centers and along the stems.

I love being able to show off the photos from my vacation instead of sticking them in a photo album!

Video Taping

I had so much fun this afternoon taping a Bread Dough How-To Video featuring Aleene's Original Tacky Glue with Alexis, a designer I work with. We laughed so hard watching our play back. It needs to be edited (just a little) and will be at http://www.duncancrafts.com/ under the Education section. I'll let you know when it's available.

If you haven't tried bread dough in a while, Alexis shows some new ways to mix the dough and also includes how to make a dough with cornstarch.

Upward and onward...

Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have missed seeing you and my old Aleene's friends on TV. It's great to have a connection again.

Nikki

Joan Martin Fee said...

Hi Nikki,

I love the connection - I have so missed you all.

I'll have photos at the end of January of some of your old Aleene's TV family when I attend CHA - the big craft trade show!

I know Lauren, Pattie and I will be there. I can't wait for the hugs and time to catch up.

Joan