Wednesday, October 03, 2007


Halloween is coming!!!

Thoughts of costumes and decorations are buzzing around in my head. We have a costume contest at work and our department is trying to come up with a theme for our group.

Meanwhile, I decided to Halloweenize my home and came up with this quick and easy idea. We hear alot about craft projects being fast and easy - well, I can guarantee you this project is one that can literally be whipped up in just a few minutes.

I found this delightful new product from Glade®. It's called Wisp® Flameless Candle. I love scented candles, but from the perspective of a person who almost burned down her house once because I got a last minute invite to a movie and left a candle burning for hours, I'm always on the lookout for a safe alternative to candles. I love this new idea and it looks like a real flame. It's battery operated and every few seconds it puts out a puff of scent. It's awesome!
The only drawback I see is that the globe is pretty boring. So, once again my crafty brain went into gear and just had to 'dress it up'.

Here's what you get - the outer globe and the inner 'candle'.





I absolutely love the new Aleene's® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray!!! It's what makes this projects so quick - and there's no drying time.

Materials needed
Aleene's® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray
Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue® Glue Sticks
Glade® Wisp® Flameless Candle
Felt, black
Scissors
Garland with wire
Tissue paper, orange

How to make it



Crumple tissue. Smooth with your hands, keeping some wrinkles for texture.










Spray Aleene's® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray™ on glass globe.












Press tissue on globe to cover.






Cut excess tissue around top and bottom.
Cut eyes, nose, mouth and 2 bats from felt.

Glue eyes, nose and mouth to globe using Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue® Glue Sticks.
Glue two bats together with one end of garland between.
Place 'candle' insert into globe. Place bat coming out. Press top of 'candle' to light.












Here's my jack-o-lantern ready to glow for Halloween.

Be sure to carve out a little time for you today!

Joan

P.S. I got my Wisp® Flameless Candle at Target. They have delicious scents available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Joan!

I see these in craft stores for $15-$20 and I made mine for just a few dollars! Thanks!

Now, how can I get some cheap candy?????

Joan Martin Fee said...

Hi,

I already have ideas for other holidays - maybe even some using crumpled plastic wrap...

Cheap candy...I LOVE the dollar stores. I have a WINCO grocery store nearby - it's the place Pattie and I went to buy bulk candy for her faux cakes. Since you're obviously a crafty person, how about making something for the trick or treaters? I'm sure you can come up with an expensive idea! Let me know what you come up with.

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Hey you crazy crafter! I LOVE the punkin idea. You are SO clever. By the way, thank you so much for the wonderful wedding message you left on my blog. You are such a special friend, Joan. Have a great weekend!
Pattie