Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dinner Party

Good Eats


Smores Cupcakes were featured at my dinner party!!!

Friday night was my turn to cook dinner for seven very diverse people from my Newcomers Club Just Good Eats group. Every month, we meet at a different person's home and they fix us the entire dinner while the 'others' chat, eat appetizers and relax.

I LOVE anything BBQ'd, so I started with a recipe I've had for years for bbq ribs and it went into a kind of Texas BBQ dinner.

The appetizers were Texas Caviar (quite the hit and healthy too!), veggies, salsa and chips.

Then came the main dinner - the ribs were slow-cooked in the oven for hours and basted every half hour with a honey Dijon mustard glaze then finally bbq sauce for the last half hour. The rest of the meal was rounded out with Sweet Potato Hash that was a new recipe for me and quite good, cornbread with honey butter and Pinquito Beans. Then came dessert...Smores Cupcakes and they were YUMMY!!!

I made up favors for everyone - they were little smores kits including the skewer to roast the marshmallow...
Start with the basics...chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows.

Place the ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag.

Put the skewer through the top of the plastic bag.

Tie on a raffia bow and they're ready to hand out.

I went simple this year...bandannas over a red tablecloth and then some very pretty red and white petunias as a centerpiece.


No comments: