Thursday, November 08, 2007

Into the Jungle

With the holidays right around the corner, I've been thinking about gift ideas. I love the challenge of coming up with gifts that are just right for everyone on my gift list. I really, really, really love gifts that make an impact, speak to the person I'm giving it to, it has to be within my limited budget AND it has to be quick and easy!

With all those criteria in mind, I found these incredible monkey napkin rings at Pottery Barn - they are sooo cute and so very applicable for my friend.

Into the Jungle Napkins and Napkin Rings

Here's what you'll need
Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™, Olive
Napkin rings
Cloth napkins
Stamp, leaf
Sponge brush or cosmetic sponge
Iron - optional

Here's what to do
1. Prewash and dry napkins to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. If needed, iron to remove wrinkles.
2. Dab Fabric Paint on stamp with sponge brush or sponge. Press on napkin where desired. Let dry. May be washed after 72 hours.
You're done!
Giftwrap Tip: I'm going to wrap with brown paper bag tied with raffia!
Other Gift Ideas: I'm full steam ahead into holiday gift making - be on the lookout very soon for how-to instructions on a Crystal Encrusted Wine Stopper - it's a real show stopper!, an interesting personalized photo display - you won't want to miss this! It's something you can make for EVERYONE on your gift list!, more Glade Flameless Candle ideas - all the supplies are on my kitchen table, just waiting for me to get started - and I CAN'T WAIT! Check back soon for these ideas and many other giftables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan,

I love this idea. I was trying to figure out how to simplify my gift list - this is it! I'm sure I can find napkin rings for everyone on my list. Better yet, I just might make them. I think I'll go to my fabric stash and make printed napkins to use up some of my many, many fabrics.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Janet