Saturday, July 04, 2009

4th of July

AMAZING 4th of July!!!
This giant flag was along Highway 1 hanging from a crane.

Ducky Derby!!!






I used an inexpensive and different 'bowl' - quite the conversation piece.


I loved Kim's positive sayings...


Here's a great way to display a rolling pin collection.


I LOVE silhouettes - I remember having mine done at Disneyland when I was a kid - I noticed it in my parents bedroom last time I was home.


Love the olives!




Beautiful oaks trees at the party.


The party was on top of a hill.


My friend Valerie, Katy and Carole...this 1957 Tbird has quite a history - Carole used to deliver newspapers around the San Joaquin Valley in this car - it has over 300,000 miles on the original engine. It now resides with Katy, Carole's daughter.




My neighborhood is VERY patriotic!!!


I have posted pictures of down my hill to the ocean, but here's an up-the-hill photo.

2 comments:

Robyn Small said...

Hey Joan, quite a surprise to see my sister's house on here! Sharon Williamson told me about your blog, and we looked it up while she was in office. Some cool photos!

Joan Martin Fee said...

Robyn,
I am so honored to be an honorary member of your family. From the Ducky Derby, to the great food to the wonderful friendships – you all are amazing! And to think this all came about because my family used to hook up a garden hose to get water from your grandparents back in the 60’s!!! Tell Sharooooon ‘hi’ for me. It truly is a small world. Hope to see you at the next family get together. Joan