Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ouch!!!!



It was one of those days...I'd finished up a big project and was looking forward to getting out in the yard and doing some weeding and eventually planting in my yard that hadn't seen love for about 30 years. That's when the unexpected happened. I was coming down my stairs and stopped to check out the wood railing and was thinking I could put a little Murphy's Oil or something on a bad scuffed area and make it look so much better. That's when IT happened. I still don't know what IT was but IT turned my life upside down.

Next thing I knew, I was on the floor, several steps down from where I'd been on the stairs. In that surreal moment I tried to put weight on my leg but that didn't work. I crawled to the phone and told a friend I needed her help. I was impressed with only an hour and a half visit to the emergency but what came at the end of all that wasn't good news - a broken ankle. So, I've been recuperating a little over a week and I have to tell you I'm bored with cooking shows (and wishing Aleene's Creative Living television show was still on the air) and can't do much more than lay around for the next 6-8 weeks. A friend called today saying we're going to have a coloring contest this week.

So, the crafter in me is already coming up with projects to make with my lovely boot. Anyone out there made a boot / cast into something creative? I will have to wear it for quite a while longer so I'll let you in on my creative thoughts. Believe me, throwing it in the fireplace and lighting it on fire has come to mind more than once.

Hoppingly yours,
Joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get back on your feet soon! Leave it to you to turn a broken ankle into something creative!