Chalk It Up Lamp
Not only is this a functional lamp, but it's a convenient way to keep track of things you need to do or let the kids doodle to their hearts content!
What You Need
Aleene’s® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray™
Unfinished wood lamp base w/shade
Acrylic paint to coordinate with fabric
How to Make It
1. Paint lamp base as desired with acrylic paint, masking off areas you don’t want painted.
2. Paint chalkboard paint where desired, following manufacturer’s instructions.
3. For lampshade pattern, roll shade across newspaper, marking along top and bottom, using pen. Cut out.
3. Place pattern on fabric. Cut fabric 1” outside pattern lines at top and bottom and slightly longer at one end.
4. Spray back of fabric with Tacky Spray, following instructions on label. Smooth fabric on lampshade, pressing excess fabric to inside of shade.
Make it Yours Tip!
Use leftover fabric from curtains to make a matching shade for your room. Don’t forget to include an eraser and chalk!
Wrap It Up Tip!
Wrap shade separately and fill cavity with tissue paper so it doesn’t crush. Instead of wrapping the lamp, just place it the room, place a bow on it and plug it in before the receiver arrives.