Thursday, February 07, 2008

Valentine's Day temporarily interrupted for President's Weekend Party Ideas...




I'm getting ready to head to Anaheim on Saturday for the Craft and Hobby Association trade show, but I HAD to take time to make these cute invitations for a party on the 16th to celebrate President's Weekend.
My friend offered the house and I offered to do the planning. Since I can't do anything just 'Plain Jane', I made forty of these 'invitations' to the party. I started with clear shot glasses from the party store, added red, white and blue Jelly Bellies, covered the glasses with cellophane and tied them closed with red, white and blue star garland. I printed the invitations on my computer, cut them up and glued them together with a skewer inbetween. Aleene's Original Tacky Glue Sticks worked perfect for this project - and it dries super. We're almost ready to party when I get back from CHA - I'll have to come up with some party decorations - oh, my!
Speaking of CHA, I'm taking my camera and will be posting pictures and let you in on what's new in the craft industry after I get back on Tuesday. It's going to be a fantastic show!!! I can't wait to catch up with old friends and see what's new and exciting.
I promise to post more Valentine's projects...I just had to get my invitations out before I left.
Take care,
Joan

No comments: