Saturday, February 02, 2008

Shopping, shopping, shopping!!!
The big CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) trade show starts next weekend, so it was marathon shopping day. I shop mostly on line and definitely not on Saturday - don't know why I did today, but I did and YIKES!!! I forget that I live in a rather large city and traffic backs up, restaurants get crowded and everything becomes hectic...I did spend over seven hours shopping - I needed clothes right down to new socks!

I started off at one of my favorite clothing stores - Coldwater Creek. I found a couple jackets that were perfect and way beyond my budget, but a girl's gotta look good at these type of things. So, splurge, I did. I know their clothes are high quality, so I'll have them in my closet for years to come (hear me justifying my purchases?). The teal jacket is suede and I usually don't wear that color, so I looked and looked for jewelry and couldn't find any, so I went to Michaels and got some beads and a heart charm on sale (the trade show ends the day before Valentine's Day). Now, I get to make them into a necklace. The rest of my shopping adventure did hold some great bargains - it will seem a tad bit odd to have on an expensive suede jacket and wearing a $1.20 tank top I got on sale underneath it.

I am still working on some last minute signs and things for the show and playing catch up after all the focus on the show. We have tons of new projects up on the web, so check them out - lots of Valentine's projects. http://www.duncancrafts.com/.

Speaking of Valentine's Day - I'll start posting some ideas myself tomorrow to help us get ready for the big day.
Friday night was hilarious - My brother, sister-in-law and her sister and I went to see the Vagina Monologues - it was funny, it was serious, it was every emotion wrapped up on one performance. Before the play, we went out, something again, I usually don't do on a weekend - we had a fantastic time, just sitting and talking and relaxing...I am very fortunate to have them in my life.

Back to getting ready for some Valentine's projects.

Joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey fashion girl...lookin' good!