Saturday, January 31, 2009

When was the last time you did something for the first time???

I seem to be in this 'experimental' phase with the help of my new friend, Valerie. Tomorrow, we're heading to a local country club for a Superbowl party. She even talked me into wearing red and white and she'd wear black. Oh, my!!! Life certainly is interesting.

I had a surprise yesterday - I had gone for my walk, talked extra long to a friend on the phone and as I was sitting at my computer, something made me look out the window and I noticed my nephew from a nearby town and then I noticed one of my other nephews, Steven, was with him. Steven surprised everyone in the family by just showing up - that doesn't seem so odd except that he drove all the way from Virginia to California without telling anyone. It was delightful to sit outside, enjoy the view of the ocean and catch up with my nephews.

Last night was a delight - it was Gourmet Dinner Group Night at a friend's house - six of us got together to chat, have a most delicious dinner and just to relax. I am finding my new friends to be quite enlightening - the conversations run the gambit of politics, men, to well, lots of things...

I've decided to not plan so much because lately it seems like everything goes out the window...

Go Cardinals!
Joan

No comments: