Wednesday, June 03, 2009

High Tea at the Dorchester



What a fabulous way to spend an afternoon!!!

High Tea at the Dorchester Hotel in London!!! In celebration of my birthday, Kathy and I spent three relaxing hours eating, chatting and drinking tea. The Dorchester is the hangout for the rich and famous in London...


The pianist played Happy Birthday and I was presented with a yummy cake - we took it home because we'd had so much other yummy food.








Here's Kathy enjoying her sandwiches (and we had lots of other goodies too - including champagne). It was fun to play dress-up and I kept saying 'back in high school when we were sitting at the pizza parlor in Lemoore on a Friday night could we ever have imagined we'd be sitting in a fancy hotel in London enjoying tea???"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan what a great time it was having you visit here in London. Looking at the pictures and I know that is only a few of them was exhausting. How many hours are there in a day? I think we used everyone of them. :)

It is also interesting to see the different pictures you took from those I took. We did go to the same places, right? Just kidding.

Start saving and we will go to Italy next year and visit Maria Teresa or maybe France to see Elisabeth.

Joan Martin Fee said...

Kathy,

From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate every minute you shared with me. You made my trip relaxing, informative and fun and it was great to finally get to know your family after all these years.

OK, I will start to save for the trips...you are an AMAZING friend!!!

Joan

Candyland said...

What a fun trip! I really love all your photos and adventures. And the food looks yummy, too!