Monday, June 01, 2009

My London Trip

Borough Market
Borough Market is London's oldest food market. It was established on the south bank of the Thames when the Romans built the first London Bridge. It has occupied its present site for 250 years.

I'd never seen this before - the guy heated the cheese under a flame and then 'sliced' it off onto bread.



Open-air Brownies


Glorious cheese


Fun way to display chocolate.






Interesting displays - love the old time look.


Outside of a flower shop





Samples anyone?






The sign reads - if our fish were any fresher, you would have to slap it.




Wild asparagus - I've never seen that before...


The market was really a feast for the eyes and the photographer.




I don't know about you, but juices aren't served like this in my town!




No comments: