Sunday, June 07, 2009


Some of my high school friends...
As if I didn't get my high school fix after spending two weeks in London with one of my best friends in high school, I spent this weekend with four more friends from high school!!! Here are my gal pals, Anita, Betty, Alena and me! Missing from the picture is Lisa who came and spent Saturday evening with us.
Anita and I had not seen or talked in 34 years and I saw Betty, Lisa and Alena back in December when we had Betty's Celebration of Life!
When you haven't seen someone for 34 years, there's a lot to catch up on. We stayed up late, shopped and lounged around out on the deck (the weather was awesome in Pismo!).
I am in awe of my friends - their trials, their tribulations, their heartache, but most of all, I am in awe of their triumphs and all are survivors!!! My friends, I honor your strength!
Next weekend I get to see two more classmates as we plan for our class reunion next year and I've invited another high school friend to lunch this week - we'll see if it works out!!!
Joan

No comments: