Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Trip to London

More Miscellaneous Photos of London

We attended an English conversation group and this was the view from one of the windows. The object of the group is to give non-English speaking ladies the opportunity to practice their English in a relaxed atmosphere - the group is made up of women from all over the world. They choose a topic every week and talk about it - simple enough!!!

The hostess served a scrumptious cake - I loved the blue dishes!!!

Buckingham Palace - my friends actually live less than 1/2 a block from the back wall.


Beautiful horses and guards...


This is the entrance to a store - again, not in my world.

I thought this was funny - the boat is tied up above the water line. I hear that the river does go up and down many feet.


The London Eye and Us.


These are candles - love them!


I loved looking at the pastries in London. Everything was special. This cake is almost $40 in US dollars!!!


Stairwell at Liberty - a very old store.


A shopping mall...right!


Kathy and Ron went out one evening - here's their son, Alex, helping mom with some pearls. Alex is an amazing 17 year old. He brought his girlfriend over so she could meet me (Sophia's parents spent some time with The Prince of Monaco while I was there, so again, I was honored!). Alex even took me out on my birthday for dinner (his mom and dad had another function that evening). We went to Chicago Ribs and I was amazed that he knew the words to the 70's songs playing in the restaurant.


I love this display in a store. So chic!


These tiny baskets were in a store window.


I had to take a picture of this purse. It's folded leather.


Kathy showed me this cross-stitch I did 19 years ago to celebrate their wedding. I am VERY honored that she brought it to London all the way from Virginia. It and Alex's quilt is a reminder of how much I used to craft - I lost that somewhere along the way. Note to self...buy a cross-stitch kit to work on.

No comments: